Saturday, September 7, 2013

Farmhouse Industrial AKA the Yellow Farmhouse has been MIA

I love this time of year!! The weather is getting cooler, not really where I live, but I pretend.  Styles are changing in clothes, and in your home decor, you get to take out your Harvest decorations!!  Pumpkin candles, and start making your Thanksgiving plans.  But... the reason I am sort of missing in action from making stuff and posting stuff on here and at Yellow Farmhouse is my most favorite thing about this time of year... FOOTBALL!!  NOT JUST ANY FOOTBALL THOUGH... HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL... BASHA BEARS JUNIOR VARSITY TEAM...  My son Luke is a sophomore and he plays defensive end and something on the offense... but this isn't my first rodeo he has been playing tackle football since 2nd grade... yes tackle ... we realized at his first tee-ball game when he was 3 years old that when he hit the ball and decided to tackle the child with the baseball that maybe football was his sport...  I am that mom that knows what is going on I know if your a defensive end I scream "COME ON JONESY!! I WANNA SEE YOU SACK THAT QUARTER BACK !" &  since he is starting on offense too I know exactly what to LOOK FOR  & scream there too 'YOU BETTER FIRE OFF O-LINE & GET YOUR BLOCKS!" My favorite part is watching them enjoy themselves coming together as a team.  One thing I have to point out is that Luke has always fought hard for his positions on every team he has played on.  And we have had years when he thought his position wasn't what he wanted, or important.  It's important as parents to instill in your children at young age the importance of them, (of who they are we love you just because you are our children period!) not what they do first.  Secondly we showed Luke, if he didn't do his job, the team would loose, every position plays a part.  Over the years, he still walks it out, just like we all do with different areas of our lives.  This year my husband gave him this advice, start thanking God that He has given you a place to play and, do your best with a grateful heart, and see what He does.  God always come through for us, if we position our selves in the right place, with the right heart. Luke tweeted before his first game Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."I didn't even tell you that Luke was playing with an ulcer on his left cornea so he couldn't really see he was in pain, and only had one contact in.. but needless to say he played almost the entire game offense and defense, and some special teams. THE BEARS CAME OUT WITH A 'W' FOR THEIR FIRST JV GAME {35-28} So if you miss me you can find me yelling "YOU BETTA HIT SOMEBODY!" to JONESY #55 at the Basha Bears Junior Varsity games Thursday nights. 




Mr. Farmhouse, AKA, DAD OF JONESY #55  

DECKED OUT IN HIS BASHA SWAG



WILL YOU WEAR MY NUMBER??  
MESHEA ROSS WORE LUKE'S NUMBER SHE HAS BEEN COMING TO LUKE'S GAMES SINCE 2ND GRADE... THEY HAVE KNOWN EACH OTHER SINCE THE DAY SHEA WAS BORN.. HE WAS IN THE WAITING ROOM... LIFE LONG FRIENDS..
MORE PRETTY GIRL FANS 
SHEA AND RILEY(JENNY) WEARING LUKE'S # ON THE BACK
NOT PICTURED BUT CHEERING (GMOM KATHY, TONI, AND HIS SISTER TT)


GETTING SOME STRATEGY FROM THE COACH


AUSTIN BON BON #60 LUKE'S BEST FOOTBALL BUDDY
SHEA IS FRIENDS WITH BON TOO AND WANTED TO TAKE PIC WITH 
HIM, HE IS A GREAT KID 


No comments:

Post a Comment