Sunday, October 21, 2012

Everything has a story to tell...

Why do we and as we i mean all my fellow vintage loving, junk repurposing, someone else's trash is our treasure.. the older, rustier, the better... love love this stuff... My thoughts short and sweet today are one we like to create stuff, we must create, it is in us, it is part of us, it makes us feel ALIVE, to take something old and maybe ugly and not useful, and make it oh so shabby chic... and then what about that rusty old basket, the one my husband says reminds him of when he would visit his Great Grandma in Alabama and go to the grocery store, or an old farm crate, or that milk glass hobnob rooster candy dish that you hunted for forever... because it makes such good memories flood back of visiting your Grandmother... who filled it with lemon drops, and she called you "chicken little" every time you walked into her kitchen, that smelt amazing...

These "pieces of art" that we create, or repurpose, or that we are lucky enough to find again, they speak to us... they tell us stories, they connect us to something that makes us feel ALIVE.. and makes us SMILE.. and they connect us to those around us today...every time... another vintage typewriter, or globe, comes in... my children and I discuss it or my husband and I are drawn closer because we start repurposing and creating together.

This Farmhouse Industrial Shabby Chic is not just a decor style, it really has been a lifestyle.  I included below the litte about me section from my facebook business page.. PLEASE GO THERE AND LIKE ME... EXCITING AND AWESOME YELLOW FARM HOUSE SALE COMING UP IN NOV.  AND MUCH MUCH MORE.....

decor is art to me .. and I look at things and they speak to me or move me, from a tiny ole' botton to an old picture that might look ruined to someone else because it is wrinkled, but to me it has a story and it becomes my prize possession.. and the rustier, and the scratched up the better, it shows that the 150 year old newel post that I ordered from Pennsylvania has lived an amazing life... m
aybe it was touched by many children running down the stairs on christmas morning, or by a beautiful young woman who was coming down to meet her dad...to get in the horse and buggy to go to her wedding... stop and live and let Life, and things around you start to bring passion back to your life Let them tell their story to you... Or you can tell theirs...

No comments:

Post a Comment